1,000 GREEN VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Four of Denver’s most cherished free outdoor festivals have joined forces to create Green Up Denver to recruit the largest green volunteer group in their event histories. 1,000 Green Up Denver volunteers will help festivalgoers accurately sort trash, recycling, and compost this summer.
WHO & WHEN:
- Capitol Hill People's Fair: 6/2-6/3
- PRIDEFest: 6/16-6/17
- Cherry Creek Arts Festival: 7/6-7/8
- Denver County Fair: 8/10-8/12
- Collectively, these four events create over 57 tons in waste
- Our goal is to divert 20 – 40% of this to recycling and compost through triple waste stream bins with signs in English and Spanish
- Education is key; studies show that guests are much more likely to recycle and compost correctly when assisted by a green educator near the bins
- Sign up for 3-hours or more and help us keep our waste streams uncontaminated
- Volunteers receive free meals, refreshments, Green Up Denver wayfarer sunglasses and more
- Volunteer for all four festivals and receive special prizes at our fall celebration on September 27th where we will announce our waste diversion totals
- You don’t have to be an expert!
- Free orientations are being held to provide key education and information; for more information about times and locations, please visit: http://greenupdenver.wordpress.com/
Sign up to help your favorite festival or help all four! We can only make Denver’s favorite events greener and reduce 57 tons of waste with your help! http://greenupdenver.wordpress.com/volunteer/