EnergySmart and Denver Energy Challenge (DEC) are pleased to announce the new Residential Contractor Partnership Program. As we transition from federal to local funding, reductions in budgets and renewed focus on workforce development will drive changes in the scope and management of these programs.
Effective immediately, access to the Advisor Service and the Elevations Energy Loan will be open to all Xcel Trade Partners. Xcel will continue to manage that pool without additional oversight from EnergySmart or DEC. To access the loan, a homeowner will still need to enroll in either EnergySmart or the DEC, but there is no cost to you or the homeowner for that service.
Leads from EnergySmart or DEC will be distributed to contractors in the Residential Contractor Partnership Program. Contractors who are currently in the EnergySmart or DEC contractor pools need not apply for the new Partnership Program. You will be considered and contacted for an interview if you qualify based on the Mandatory Minimum Qualifications listed below. The contractors we are looking for are Whole Home, Insulation, and Mechanical, all of which must include CAZ testing per Building Performance Institute (BPI) standards.
Mandatory Minimum Qualifications Partners Program
- License and Certification requirements remain unchanged from the current program requirements
- Must have a BPI Manager with minimum 1 year experience
- Must be an Xcel Home Performance with Energy Star Contractor
- Personnel performing required CAZ testing must Score 80% or better on level 2 of the Interplay CAZ Simulation (licenses to use the simulation are subsidized by the programs)
- Must present Secretary of State Certificate of Good Standing
- Have not been removed from any government, local, utility or other Energy Efficiency program. (If contractor has been removed, they must provide documentation of the grounds for removal and adequate evidence of remedying those reasons)
- DEC/ES Homeowner Rating of no less than 8
- Admission Interview passing score of 85 Points
- DEC/ES past QC performance minimum average score of 70